Week 8 Reading and Writing

 After checking in on my blog, I felt pretty good about its layout and design. When we started the class, I spent a longer time than expected playing with the design, and I think I still enjoy it. However, after reviewing my website, I did play with the design aspect a little. One feedback comment I received suggested that I add some green elements to the design to tie into the green Costa Rican setting, so I changed my layout and added some green focus points. 


mage: The Demon with the Matted Hair - John D Batten, Source: Wikimedia CommonsAs far as reading and writing, I like the stories I've created so far, but I have gotten behind quite a bit in this class, so I need to be better with my time management. I really enjoyed the reading on classical mythology and that shows through my stories there. Each week, I worry that I'm not writing enough in my reading notes, but once I go to write my story, I have everything I need, so it is good to know that my system is working well. I've noticed that I typically tell the same story and stay close to the plot, but I change the endings, often to make them happier. As I continue, I want to use more dialogue and play with the fun storytelling elements. 

I chose the image above because it was my favorite creature that I've come across in this class. I thought this was an interesting creature to work with, and I liked the style of the image. 

Looking forward, I need to focus on better time management so I can give my full focus to the assignments in the class. I like the reading and writing groove I have found. I just need to give myself the time to fully work through the process. 

-----

Image: The Demon with the Matted Hair - John D Batten, Source: Wikimedia Commons

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Courtney Macom - An Introduction

Week 4 Story: Hestia and Beatrice