Microfiction: Cat Naps

That's the Life

I trudged into my room after an unbelievably long day at work. It was late and I was exhausted from spending the day talking with clients and using my customer service voice. I knew people were just trying to find Christmas gifts for their families, but did they all have to show up on the same day every year? I sighed, kicked off my shoes, and switched on the light. 

"Hey there, little one. What did you do today?" I asked.

"Meow," my cat replied from the same spot on the bed where I had left her early that morning. 

A Different Perspective

I woke up to the lights flashing on overhead. Why does she always want to talk when I'm clearly sleeping?

-----

Author's Note: I work a lot and come home every day to find my cat sleeping exactly where I left her, yet she always seems annoyed with me for disturbing her peace. So, I thought it would be fun to write a quick story from my perspective and then from hers. Originally, I had written the first story from a third person perspective, but once I decided to do my cat's story from first person, I changed the first story to match. This way, there is an inner dialogue for both of us. 

Image Information: Personal photo of my cat, Kitty

Comments

  1. Hello,
    Your story is so cute. It's hard to write a perspective of an animal, so I like what your take. It is more relatable this way. I feel the exact same way with my two cats. I have one is super active early in the morning and late at night, but the other sleeps and whines and repeat. Haha. When he's sleeping he doesn't move for hours at a time. Then when he is awaken he only wants my brother's attention. Even when you have a hard day just want someone to cuddle with, he is like "you can look but don't touch me."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Courtney, wow! I loved reading your story. I especially loved it because it was from a perspective from an animal which is always more fun to read, personally. I also liked reading your short story about a different perspective. I have not read a lot of short stories this semester so it is always fun to read something new and different. Your grammar and flow of your stories were great! I loved them both. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Courtney!
    I love these stories! I too have a cat and I'm pretty sure he thinks the exact same thing when I wake him up from a nap so that I can cuddle him! I really enjoyed that you used one microfiction to set the scene and the other to tell it from a different point of view! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Courtney Macom - An Introduction

Week 7 Story: Orochi, the Eight-Headed Serpent