Reading Notes: King Arthur, Part A

The story that I found the most interesting in this section was of Merlin's passing. I thought it had the most elements of plot than the other stories, and I felt that I could do more with a retelling. I would keep the plot relatively the same, but I would not allude to her betrayal as the original story does. I would keep it as a plot twist at the end of the story.

Ideas:

Make the lovers seem completely compatible. Don't give any idea that Vivien has anything up her sleeve. When she tricks him, it should be a surprise that no one saw coming. 

Add to the story after he is buried. Have King Arthur mourn his loss and declare revenge on Vivien. 

But, she has learned all of Merlin's power, so she can successfully evade the king's attempts for vengeance. End the story with her never being caught, and causing mischief for everyone in the area. 

-----

Bibliography: The Passing of Merlin by Andrew Lang

Image Information: Merlin and Vivien by Speed Lancelot  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Courtney Macom - An Introduction

Week 4 Story: Hestia and Beatrice