My Favorite Place - Costa Rica!

Hello, readers! 

In high school, I took a trip through Western Europe and visited six countries. As they say, I caught the "travel bug" and haven't been able to shake it since. I have visited many places in the United States and abroad, but the one that holds closest to my heart is beautiful Costa Rica. 

(Image information: personal photo from my trip to Turrialba, Costa Rica; August 2018)

I grew up just outside Sequoia National Forest in California's Central Valley, and this instilled in me a love of really green trees! Costa Rica is a gorgeous green wonderland complete with waterfalls, rivers, beaches, and even volcanoes. The people, known as Ticos, are kind and laid-back people. Upon arrival, you'll quickly hear the words "Pura Vida" which literally translate to "pure life," but this motto has become a general catch phrase by which Ticos live their lives. 

As Costa Rica is home to thick untouched jungles, it is also home to diverse animals and creatures. While most people think of sloths living in Costa Rica, I was most excited to see the toucans. Seeing their colorful beaks and feathers in the wild is a life experience I'll always remember. 

"Chestnut-mandibled Toucan" by Andy Morffew 
License: CC BY 2.0; Source: flickr

If you can get over the massive bugs (if I could do it, you can), then this is the place to go.

Pura Vida, friends!

Comments

  1. Oh, how marvelous that you have been to Costa Rica, Courtney! I would love to go there someday; my parents have been, and they said it was wonderful. And look at that toucan: beautiful! Nobody has done a project about Costa Rica for this class before; that might be something exciting to research and develop. Someone did a project with El Salvador legends link last semester, plus a Venezuelan legends project link; they were both fantastic, and I learned a lot!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Courtney Macom - An Introduction

Week 4 Story: Hestia and Beatrice