Assignments

After scrolling through the core assignments for this course, I am most excited about reading stories and then having the chance to reinvent them in another context. I enjoy writing, but I am not a creative enough person to pull story ideas out of thin air. Being able to remake stories within my imagination will be a lot of fun! I am also excited to read the stories of my classmates!

A woman writing at a table
Source: Pixabay

Extra credit is such a great way to get ahead in a course, and I am happy to see that it is available! What jumped out to me was the option to follow a Wikipedia trail. As someone who frequently finds herself in Internet rabbit holes of interest, I'm glad to see that I can get some extra points for it! Because I know very little in the way of mythology and folklore legends, I am excited to learn more about it. Once I am excited to learn about something, I can quickly find myself six pages away from the original headline I clicked on. What interests me the most about this course is that we are covering myths from many places, whereas I expected it to be mostly focused on classical mythology. So, with this in mind, I know that I'm going to find a lot of interesting information from many sources. 

I am also intrigued by the microfiction extra credit assignments! I think it is an art to create a short story with all the impact of a long one, so I would love to give this a try throughout the semester and see what I can come up with. Overall, I am looking forward to the structure of this class and how it looks at education from a different approach. I have never taken a college course that is so hands-on, while also being completely online. Typically, I run from online courses because I have a hard time feeling engaged with them, but in this case, I think this will be my most involved course this semester, which is great!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Courtney Macom - An Introduction

Week 4 Story: Hestia and Beatrice